- 20 Jun 2023
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Canonteign Falls June Meet Up
The gorgeous Canonteign falls is our June Meet Up venue and it really has something for everyone: gorgeous Waterfall & Lakes and great Play areas.
We’ll meet and mingle – here we can enjoy our hot drink and cake and then head out for an explore of Canonteign falls together. We can choose what’s good for us and our little ones – either the waterfall or the lakes (my top tip: I always leave the play areas until after the walks otherwise I never get away!!). – This meet up in a ‘tranquil private estate in the heart of Devon countryside’ is for everyone: parents of babies, toddlers and preschoolers – there’s plenty of space and things to do for all ages.
Choose your walk
The Waterfall walk takes you up through the Secret Garden and the Victorian Fern Garden where there are fairies to spot and terrace the TRex to behold, to the Lady Exmouth Falls and back down to the Lily Lake where you can feed the ducks and see the giant bug, adventure playground and bee garden. This is rocky and steep, and takes around an hour to complete the loop. I would suggest little ones in slings or preschoolers/little ones who have good stamina (for 90 Victorian steps) for this walk.
A gentler, pram friendly walk is available around the Lily Lake which is beautiful and a good one for little ones to feed the ducks. As you loop back you will pass the adventure playground, bee garden and Green Ship before returning to the cafe. This walk is flat and takes around 30 minutes.
For a serene and beautiful spot, head down to the Lower Lakes where you can wander beside the water, over bridges and among the wildlife before crossing the meadow to Poets’ Corner beneath the ancient oak tree and find the circle of standing stones at the very edge of the Estate. This walk is flat at the lower lakes with a gentle slope to get there (and back!) and takes about 40 minutes and is wonderful for little ones.
The play areas:
Children’s Play Area includes a huge wooden galleon, two large trampolines, swings and a climbing frame with a slide, the Zip Wire and Mini Assault Course (probably a little old for ours) and finally the Green Ship.
- Day entry for 1 adult and little one (baby, toddler or preschooler) to Canonteign Falls (worth £9.75, normally 4 year olds are £7.50)
- Hot Drink & Cake (worth ~ £8)
- The all important bag of duck food! (priceless!)
- Meeting other lovely parents with their little ones – to chat, explore new places and have a bit of fun together (ok this ones the priceless one!)
- 10% discount off all cafe and gift shop purchases.
- I’ve put the time as 10am-12, but if you can then please stay on and enjoy the day – there’ll be plenty more to see. Canonteign cafe is open for lunch or bring a picnic.