What to do this month with your little ones? Here are some ideas to keep you exploring the beautiful Devon with your gorgeous kids.
- Get organised and check our our Easter Gift Guide 2022 for some egg-citing locally made gifts this Easter.
- Play a joke on April fools day – mash potato served in a cone with sprinkles for an ice-cream? Best have a real one on stand by too though!
- Get creative at family drop in sessions at the RAMM
- Hunt the Charity shops or just order some Easter books – check out my Top 10 brilliant Baby and Toddler Easter Books
- Easter Egg hunt: (I shall keep adding to this as I find them)
- Head to one of the local National Trust properties for their Easter trails. Complete the 10 nature-inspired activities (hopping like an Easter bunny, making a home for wildlife, or peeking into veg patches etc) and once you’ve finished the trail, collect your delicious chocolate egg.
- We love the Miniature Pony Centre and on Good Friday and Easter Monday the Easter Bunny is hopping in as well as Easter sports day.
- Bear Town is always great too and little ones will love finding the Easter Eggs hidden about
- Ullacombe farm is a great cafe and has a play area that the kids love too (climbing area and ride on tractors in a barn as well as a couple of animals to say hi to). It has been a favourtie on Little Devon website since the beginning. They also run fantastic events over the holidays. Worth booking as they get busy!
- Enjoy a baby or pre-schooler party session at The Big Sheep 4-8th
- Meet a real Thomas the Tank Engine puffing along South Devon Railway. 15-18th
- Apparently April 19 is National Garlic Day – so head to the wonderful Columbjohn wood for some wild garlic foraging (as also suggested in our March guide) and then make yummy Wild Garlic and cheese scones
- Join the Education ranger at Seaton Wetlands for Easter and springtime themed activities. £5 per child (under 2s free) 20th
- Follow David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny on her naughty adventures at Exeter Northcott 21st -24
- Take a picnic to the beautiful secret of Duryard Valley Park in Exeter and enjoy the view while the littlies can enjoy eating alfresco
- See the cutie lambs at Lambing Sunday: Martinsfield Farm, Exeter, 24th
- Be the first to splash about with the kids at St Sidwell’s Point Leisure Centre (or to relax child-free at the rooftop Spa!) 29th
- Go foraging for dandelions and make delicious Dandelion honey
- Be inspired at Toby’s Garden Festival at Powderham Castle 29th & 30th
Have a look at our March guide for ideas to do with the Little Ones if you haven’t already.
Liked this? Join the Newsletter!